“COPY” Projects Year: 2019 Salt House / Brigita Bula architects CopyHouses•Pāvilosta, Latvia Area: 245 m² Year Completion year of this architecture project Architects: Brigita Bula architects Area Area of this architecture project CopyAbout this officeBrigita Bula architectsOfficeFollow#TagsProjectsBuilt ProjectsSelected ProjectsResidential ArchitectureHousesMies van der Rohe AwardPavilostaOn FacebookPāvilostaLatviaPublished on March 21, 2021Cite: “Salt House / Brigita Bula architects” 21 Mar 2021. ArchDaily. Accessed 10 Jun 2021.
Home CROPS Indiana Farmers Donate Local Food to New Habitat for Humanity Homeowners Indiana Farmers Donate Local Food to New Habitat for Humanity Homeowners By Gary Truitt – Dec 3, 2012 Source: Indiana Soybean Alliance Along with the beef donated by the Batt family, dairy, poultry and pork products from a number of Hoosier farmers were also included in the freezer donation. “We are so thrilled that Indiana’s Family of Farmers helped out the recipient family once again this year,” said Ted Mosey, Corporate and Faith Relations Coordinator for Habitat for Humanity of Greater Indianapolis. “This food will help get the family on its feet right away and we couldn’t be happier for them.” Habitat for Humanity Construction Director, Steven Shirley, hands over the house keys to Keon Ballard and Corey Justice, new homeowners of the “House that Agriculture built.” Photo courtesy of Indiana’s Family of Farmers.On November 30, Indiana’s Family of Farmers presented almost 60 pounds of food to Habitat for Humanity homeowners Keon Ballard and Corey Justice of Indianapolis. The donation included local beef, pork, poultry and dairy products. The men’s new home, dubbed “The House that Agriculture Built,” was constructed in just 14 days at the 2012 State Fair with the help of 25 ag-related sponsors and hundreds of volunteers. A deep freezer was also donated by Indiana’s Family of Farmers and will serve as storage for the frozen foods. “Our family is proud to help out and provide beef straight from the farm to our urban neighbors,” said Ryan Batt, a Salem, Ind. farmer who donated $200 worth of beef to Keon and Corey. Facebook Twitter During the State Fair, other fairgoers could register to win their own freezer as a part of the annual Indiana’s Family of Farmers Recipe Trail. Connie Bruno from Indianapolis was the winner in this year’s freezer giveaway. SHARE Facebook Twitter SHARE Previous articleCME Acquisition of KCBT CompleteNext articleSeed Consultants Winter Agronomy Meetings Announced Gary Truitt
News RSF_en The international press freedom organisation recalled that this was not the first time journalists had been attacked in France by those close to the Cuban authorities. Independent journalist Ricardo Vega, was assaulted on 24 April 2003, during a Reporters Without Borders demonstration in front of the Cuban Embassy in Paris.More news available on the special page “Cuba, the world’s biggest prison for journalists”. January 21, 2004 – Updated on January 20, 2016 AFP journalist attacked outside contemporary Cuban art exhibition RSF denounces Total’s retaliation against Le Monde for Myanmar story News News to go further “We’ll hold Ilham Aliyev personally responsible if anything happens to this blogger in France” RSF says FranceEurope – Central Asia News June 4, 2021 Find out more Follow the news on France Forbes was standing in front of the Great Arch with two Cuban exiles when the Cuban culture minister and Cuban ambassador to Paris left the exhibition. Following a heated exchange between the two dissidents and the Cuban government representatives, four members of their security staff set upon the journalist. He told them he was journalist but was struck hard on the face, causing him to collapse on the ground injuring his arm. The journalist immediately made an official complaint to the police and on 21 January went to hospital for X-ray tests.”Cuba, where 30 journalists are in prison simply because they expressed an opinion different to that of the government, is currently the world’s biggest prison for journalists,” said Reporters without Borders. “Yesterday’s assault showed that, even on French territory, the Cuban authorities are quite prepared to directly target journalists in total contempt for press freedom and human rights,” it added. Reporters Without Borders condemned an assault by security staff accompanying Cuban Culture minister and Cuban ambassador to Paris against journalist Jorge Carlos Forbes, who was struck on the face as he left an exhibition of contemporary Cuban art. Help by sharing this information June 2, 2021 Find out more Organisation FranceEurope – Central Asia Use the Digital Services Act to make democracy prevail over platform interests, RSF tells EU Reporters Without Borders strongly condemned an assault on Agence-France-Presse (AFP) journalist Jorge Carlos Forbes as he left the opening of a contemporary Cuban art exhibition at the Great Arch of La Défense in Paris on 20 January. The international press freedom organisation had earlier in the evening demonstrated outside the exhibition at the foot of the Great Arch to draw attention to the fact that 30 journalists are currently behind bars in Cuba. Its members had left before the assault took place. Receive email alerts May 10, 2021 Find out more
Chalabala/iStock(SAN ANTONIO) — A father allegedly staged his baby boy’s kidnapping to cover up foul play involving the child, San Antonio police said, as the search for the baby intensifies.“Without a doubt … this was a staged event,” San Antonio Police Chief William McManus told reporters Monday.Authorities initially said on Friday that 8-month-old King Jay Davila was reported to be kidnapped while inside his father’s car.Police then shared surveillance video of the woman they believed stole the car.McManus said Monday that the woman in surveillance video was identified as a cousin of the baby’s father, Christopher Davila.The child was not in the car, which was recovered later on Friday at a park.Police believe the alleged staged kidnapping was “to cover up foul play involving King Jay Davila,” McManus said, though he declined to elaborate.Davila was arrested on Friday and charged with endangering a child, police said.His cousin was arrested and charged with an unrelated offense, McManus said.“The father spoke with the media from jail and he spent more time speaking with the media, answering media questions, than he spent with us, answering our questions,” the chief said.Davila spoke to ABC San Antonio affiliate KSAT from jail on Saturday, saying the police investigation wasn’t looking in the right direction.“They just need to focus on where the car was located,” he said.Investigators are focused on finding King Jay, McManus said. Asked if police believe the baby is alive, McManus would only say authorities believe this was foul play.“We know that there’s more people out there that have more information on this case,” he said, warning, “Even if you are not directly involved in this, if you are withholding information, if you have lied to police, we will charge you.”Davila remains in jail and is due to appear in court on Feb. 27. His attorneys did not immediately respond to ABC News’ request for comment.Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Ice core evidence indicates that even though atmosphericCO2 concentrations did not exceed 300 ppm atany point during the last 800 000 years, East Antarctica wasat least 3–4 C warmer than preindustrial (CO2 280 ppm) in each of the last four interglacials. During the previous three interglacials, this anomalous warming was short lived (3000 years) and apparently occurred before the completion of Northern Hemisphere deglaciation. Hereafter, we refer to these periods as “Warmer than Present Transients” (WPTs). We present a series of experiments to investigate the impact of deglacial meltwater on the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (AMOC) and Antarctic temperature.It is well known that a slowed AMOC would increase southernsea surface temperature (SST) through the bipolar seesawand observational data suggests that the AMOC remainedweak throughout the terminations precedingWPTs, strengthening rapidly at a time which coincides closely with peak Antarctic temperature. We present two 800 kyr transient simulations using the Intermediate Complexity model GENIE-1 which demonstrate that meltwater forcing generates transient southern warming that is consistent with the timing of WPTs, but is not sufficient (in this single parameterisation) to reproduce the magnitude of observed warmth. In order to investigate model and boundary condition uncertainty, we present three ensembles of transient GENIE-1 simulations across Termination II (135 000 to 124 000 BP) and three snapshot HadCM3 simulations at 130 000 BP. Only with consideration of the possible feedback of West Antarctic Ice Sheet (WAIS)retreat does it become possible to simulate the magnitude ofobserved warming.
Posting DetailsPosting NumberA00129PClassification TitlePosition TypeAdjunct FacultyDisclaimerLiberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fullyin compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law createsan exception to the “religion” component of the employmentdiscrimination laws for religious organizations (includingeducational institutions), and permits them to give employmentpreference to members of their own religion. Liberty University isin that category.Position TitleUndergraduate Public Health Adjunct ProfessorDoes this position require driving?NoContactMackenzie CaseContact Phone Ext434-582-2333Contact [email protected] Summary/Basic FunctionTeaching basic, undergraduate or graduate, Public Health courses.Seeking a traditional residential lecture-based classroomteacher.Minimum QualificationsMinimum qualifications: Change to Master’s degree with an emphasison environmental health, environmental sciences, epidemiology,disaster management or emergency preparedness.Preferred QualificationsPreferred qualifications: Change to a terminal degree in PublicHealth (Environmental Health, Environmental Sciences, DisasterManagement/Emergency Preparedness, Global Health).Work HoursAs needed; class schedule TBDPosting DateSpecial Instructions for ApplicantsQuicklinkhttps://jobs.liberty.edu/postings/15614Applicant DocumentsRequired DocumentsResumeCover LetterTranscriptsOptional DocumentsLetter of RecommendationCurriculum VitaeMedia FilePortfolioCareer Advancement Form (For Current LU Employees ONLY)LBTS Doctrinal Statement (For Seminary Faculty ONLY)Teaching PhilosophyPastoral Reference LetterAcademic/Professional Reference Letter 1Academic/Professional Reference Letter 2Unofficial Transcript 1Other DocumentProfessional License(s)Supplemental QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Recent plans for the construction of a 15 metre high telephone mast on Oxford High Street have been met with outrage from local businesses and colleges.A commissioned workforce began excavations at the traffic island outside All Souls college, in a preliminary investigation as to whether or not the underground services would be suitable for a radio base station.Elizabeth Crawford, domestic bursar at University College, said, “None of the neighbouring Colleges on the High Street were informed of the trial hole that was excavated last week on behalf of a mobile telephone company.” She added, “The planning regulations do not require that local people are notified for such exploratory work.”There has been a joint effort of late between traders and colleges to clean up and restore the High Street, and many believe that the mast, which will improve 3G coverage for Vodafone and O2 customers, is in direct opposition to such renovations.Jeremy Mogford, owner of the Old Bank Hotel and Quod restaurant, said, “The idea of a mast there is simply appalling.”Crawford echoed this, stating, “I cannot imagine that any business or College in the High Street would regard such an installation with anything other than astonished horror.”As yet, the plans are still in the pipeline for the mast and an official application has not yet been made to the council.Ilana Clark, a spokesperson for Vodafone UK Ltd., said, “This site is still in the early stages and a proposed design has not yet been finalised. We have identified that we need to improve the 3G coverage to our customers in central Oxford.”After being notified of the project by Univ’s domestic bursar, Keith Mitchell, leader of Oxfordshire County Council, said, “My personal view is that sounds like a monstrous carbuncle on the High.”Crawford told Cherwell, “Were a planning application to be submitted, Univ College would certainly exercise its rights to comment on it… I hope that the students who live in Univ, many of whom look over the High Street would also exercise their right to comment on any such application.”She added, “Were permission to be granted, I think it highly likely that the College would appeal against such a decision.”Vodafone have also had two applications rejected for similar stations in Bath, as well as withdrawing a January application for a mast in front of the War Memorial in St. Giles, which was branded as “sacrilege”.
of Bayonne, formerly of Jersey City on August 17, 2017. Daughter of the late Frank and Florence (Sottilare) Gentilcore. Sister of Laurie and the late James Gentilcore. Also survived by her best friend Brenda Restey. Ms. Gentilcore was a clerk for 19 years with Greater New York Insurance and then with Harborside Terminal in Jersey City. In lieu of flowers, donations to St. Jude, stjude.org. Funeral arrangement by ALVAREZ-MARSHELLO Funeral Home, 235 Ege Ave., Jersey City.
Cape May County officials are warning residents against “COVID Fatigue” and remind people of the necessary precautions in the colder winter months.There has been a rise in cases both nationally and in New Jersey over the past month. Slowing the spread will keep fellow county residents and the economy healthy, the county said in a news release Tuesday.Key steps for people to take include wearing a face covering, keeping six feet of social distance, being outdoors for group settings as much as possible, proper sanitation of high touch surfaces, and frequent hand washing.People typically move indoors in the coming months with colder weather. The spread of the virus, however, is significantly worse indoors versus outdoors.“We are asking people to stay vigilant and follow the necessary steps to slow the spread,” Freeholder Jeff Pierson, liaison to the Cape May County Health Department, said in the release. “We have come a long way from earlier this year, and we want to people to stay as safe as possible.”The Cape May County Health Department has been heavily engaged with the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. The next step to be rolled out soon includes the previously announced Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity (ELC)-Enhancing Detection Grant, which will enhance testing capacity in the county over the next 26 weeks, including a focus for first responders, symptomatic individuals, close contacts of positive cases, health care workers, and asymptomatic referrals.“We appreciate the hard work that has been done by Cape May County residents this year,” Freeholder Director Gerald M. Thornton said. “We understand COVID fatigue is a real thing, but the only way to keep our families safe and our businesses is open is to follow the safety protocols until we can get a vaccine.”