Read also: Airlines face $100 billion-plus virus hit, discounts ‘wouldn’t do any good’Coordinating Economic Minister Airlangga Hartarto said recently that the government was finalizing a second stimulus package dedicated to relaxing export and import regulations, as the virus had started to disrupt supply chains. He said the second stimulus would be bigger than the first one. He projected the country’s economic growth to slow to 4.7 percent in the first quarter.Indonesia’s economy grew 4.97 percent in 2019’s fourth quarter, the slowest in three years.“We are taking into account all sectors, especially those hit [by the outbreak], and the impact [of the virus spread] on their balance sheets and how we can help them: the companies as well as individuals,” Sri Mulyani said. Topics : She said economic disruptions caused by the virus would be more complex than those during 2008 financial crisis and, thus, required certain policy responses.Sri Mulyani previously said the government was open to expanding the current stimulus to match the one it provided during the 2008 global financial crisis, which was approximately seven times larger than the first coronavirus stimulus package.Read also: Indonesia to launch second, ‘bigger’ stimulus to cushion virus impactThe government and financial services authority have ramped up efforts to anchor the country’s economy after President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo announced on Monday the first two confirmed COVID-19 cases in Indonesia as investors dumped Indonesian assets.Bank Indonesia (BI) announced five measures to support the rupiah and Governor Perry Warjiyo later said the central bank saw ample room for both monetary and macroprudential policy easing, as the coronavirus was seen as dragging down economic growth in the first quarter.The Financial Services Authority, meanwhile, has relaxed rules on credit restructuring for companies affected by the outbreak and opened up the possibility to provide further relaxation. The government is putting together a second stimulus package to counter the negative impacts of the COVID-19 outbreak.“We are considering all options,” said Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati in Jakarta on Thursday, adding that her side was also mulling the acceleration of tax return payments.The government previously announced a stimulus package worth Rp 10.3 trillion (US$725 million) to strengthen spending and improve the tourist industry, which are expected to get hit by the spread of the pneumonia-like illness.
Press Release, Public Health En el día de la fecha, el Gobernador Tom Wolf y la Secretaria de Salud, Dra. Rachel Levine, firmaron órdenes enmendadas sobre la fase verde para que el último condado de Pennsylvania pase a la fase verde. El condado de Lebanon pasa a la fase verde a las 12:01 a.m. de mañana, 3 de julio.Con estas órdenes vigentes a las 12:01 a.m., mañana todos los condados del estado estarán en la fase verde. La administración recuerda a los residentes de Pennsylvania que es obligatorio usar máscaras al salir de casa.La Administración Wolf apoya a los funcionarios locales que deciden mantener restricciones adicionales, como las restricciones vigentes en los condados de Philadelphia y Allegheny, y ha cumplido con las solicitudes de implementar más restricciones durante el proceso de reapertura gradual.El Proceso de reapertura de Pennsylvania del Gobernador Wolf incluye información sobre cada fase de reapertura.Fase verdeLuego de que un condado pasa a la fase amarilla, supervisamos de cerca el aumento del riesgo, como los brotes significativos. Si el riesgo general permanece mitigado durante 14 días, pasamos al condado a la fase verde.La fase verde alivia la mayoría de las restricciones al levantar las órdenes de quedarse en casa y del cierre de empresas para permitir que la economía reabra estratégicamente al tiempo que se continúa priorizando la salud pública.Si bien esta fase coordina el regreso a una “nueva normalidad”, es igualmente importante continuar supervisando a los indicadores de la salud pública y ajustar las órdenes y las restricciones según sea necesario para garantizar que la propagación de la enfermedad se mantenga al mínimo. También es obligatorio que las personas usen máscaras en los espacios públicos.Restricciones respecto del trabajo y la congregación Se recomienda enfáticamente la continuación del teletrabajoLas empresas con operaciones en persona deben seguir los requisitos actualizados de seguridad en las empresas y en los edificiosTodas las empresas que operan con una ocupación del 50% en la fase amarilla pueden aumentar a una ocupación del 75%Se exige el uso de máscaras en las empresasEl cuidado de niños puede abrir conforme a la guíaLas restricciones para los servicios de atención conjunta siguen vigentesLas restricciones con respecto a las prisiones y hospitales se determinan de manera individual de acuerdo a cada instituciónLas escuelas están sujetas a las guías de los CDC y del Estado La última guía para empresas, que incluye la guía para la recreación al aire libre se puede encontrar aquí.La guía preliminar sobre deportes se puede encontrar aquí.La guía sobre campamentos de verano se puede encontrar aquí.La orden enmendada del Gobernador sobre la fase verde se puede encontrar aquí.La orden enmendada de la Secretaria de Salud sobre la fase verde se puede encontrar aquí.View this information in English. July 02, 2020 Restricciones sociales Actualización de las órdenes de apertura gradual para incluir al último condado que pasa a la fase verde el 3 de julio Las reuniones grandes de más de 250 personas están prohibidasSe exige el uso de máscaras en todos los espacios públicosLos restaurantes y bares abren al 50% de su ocupaciónLos servicios de cuidado personal (que incluyen peluquerías y barberías) abren al 50% de su ocupación y solo con cita previaLa recreación en interiores, los centros de salud y bienestar, y los servicios de cuidado personal (como gimnasios y spas) abren con una ocupación del 50%. Se recomienda enfáticamente la implementación de citas previasTodos los entretenimientos (como casinos, teatros y centros comerciales) abren al 50% de su ocupaciónLa actividad relacionada con la construcción puede volver a su capacidad total con la implementación constante de protocolos SHARE Email Facebook Twitter
More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this homeless than 1 hour agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investorless than 1 hour agoThat pool is just a dream.Beyond the kitchen is an open-plan lounge and dining room with carpet, a gas fireplace and recessed ceilings.Completing the lower level of the house is a powder room, media room, laundry with external access and a double garage with storage cupboards. A mosaic-tiled staircase with glass balustrade leads up to the first floor, where a central hallway connects to four bedrooms and a bathroom with a spa bath and double vanity. Gives new meaning to letting the outdoors in.Two bedrooms have carpet, built-in wardrobes and timber casement windows. Another bedroom has a walk-in wardrobe, an ensuite and a private Juliet balcony overlooking the pool; this bedroom also shares its large open-plan space with another bedroom with built-in wardrobes.Taking over the majority of the upper level is the main bedroom, exuding opulence with its gas fireplace, custom-fitted walk-in wardrobe and ensuite featuring a spa bath and double vanity.Sliding glass doors from the main bedroom then open out to a spacious terrace with privacy screens and leafy views. This room is effortlessly calming.Constructed by builder Leo Bandiera, the residence also has zoned and ducted air conditioning, video intercom and additional undercroft storage. Agent Christine Rudolph of Ray White New Farm said magnificent proportions, stunning European elegance and lavish finishes defined the residence.“Enviably situated in a private, secluded street, the home delivers the ultimate executive family lifestyle,” Ms Rudolph said. Inspections are by appointment. 8 Beaufort Lane, Clayfield.THERE are homes and then there is this: A graceful oasis of European-style luxury 6km from the CBD.This property at 8 Beaufort Lane, Clayfield, has five bedrooms, three bathrooms, a double-car garage and a pool that you may well fall in love with.Nestled on a quiet street, this European-style residence offers private living and extravagant indoor and outdoor living areas. A front gate opens to a tiled pathway that runs past established gardens and a solar-heated pool with lap-training resistance jets to the ground-floor entrance. Nice spot to take tea with visitors.Inside, floor-to-ceiling windows with privacy blinds attract natural light and pool views into a family room with polished stone flooring and high ceilings. Timber-framed glass bi-fold doors open out to a patio with an automatic awning. Back inside, a kitchen with Miele appliances, including twin ovens and a built-in range hood, along with a wine fridge, breakfast bar, coffee maker and butler’s pantry with wine cellar border the family room.
GC Rieber Shipping (RISH) has agreed a charter extension for the CSV Polar King with Nexans Skagerrak, a wholly owned subsidiary of Nexans Norway.The charter for the vessel was extended by four months.The extended period will be in direct continuation of the ongoing charter, which started in January 2017.In addition to the four months, Nexans holds rights to extend the charter by an additional five-month period, potentially taking the vessel well into the summer of 2020.GC Rieber Shipping CEO, Einar Ytredal said: “It’s encouraging to see that we’re able to build on our good cooperation with Nexans and build additional backlog for Polar King. On the back of our newly expanded partnership, with ship management of Nexans Skagerrak, we look forward further servicing of Nexans under these broaden scopes.”
Hong Kong-based ports operator COSCO Shipping Ports reported a growth in its total throughput for the quarter ended September 30, 2019, supported by shipping alliances.During the three-month period, the company handled 32.4 million TEUs, representing a change of 5.2% compared to the same quarter a year earlier.Throughput of the Greater China region increased by 3.2% to 25,2 million TEUs, accounting for 77.8% of the group’s total throughput. The Bohai Rim region handled 4.4% more volumes, or 10.6 million TEUs, accounting for 32.8% of the total throughput.The Yangtze River Delta region volumes increased by 3.1% to 5.28 million TEUs, representing 16.3% of the group’s total throughput, while the Southeast Coast region handled 0.5% more volumes, or 1.45 million TEUs, during the period. Throughput of the Pearl River Delta region was up by 1.1%, the Southwest Coast region handled a total of 433,202 TEUs, marking a surge of 27%, while the volumes in the overseas region increased by 12.9% to 7.19 million TEUs. The overseas volumes were supported by increased calls by the OCEAN Alliance and THE Alliance.While revenue increased by 0.7% to USD 254.7 million, the company noted that its net profit dropped by 4.4% year-over-year to USD 71.8 million.During the first nine months of 2019 total throughput grew by 5.3% to 92.16 million TEUs, revenue was up by 3.2% to USD 772.6 million, while net profit decreased by 10% year-over-year to USD 219.6 million.Looking forward to the fourth quarter this year, despite the fact that challenges do remain in the global macro-economy, COSCO Shipping Ports will continue to leverage on the synergies with the OCEAN Alliance and its parent company, and seize opportunities to cooperate with major shipping companies and ports companies to keep boosting throughput.“The company will remain committed to building its global terminal network and searching for opportunities to acquire overseas terminals in line with the Board’s established plan, so as to provide more efficient and comprehensive services to meet the needs of the shipping alliances.”
Police officers staged the entrapmentoperation which led to the arrest of Clarito on Feb. 18. ROXAS City – Sixteen sachets ofsuspected shabu were seized in a buy-bust operation in Barangay Gabuan,according to Lieutenant Mark Anthony Garcia of the Provincial Drug EnforcementUnit here. Aside from suspected shabu, P100 markedmoney and a unit of motorcycle were also recovered from him, the police added. Drug suspect Jeric Clarito sits handcuffed after he was arrested in an entrapment operation in Barangay Domolog, Roxas City, Capiz on Feb. 18. GLENN BEUP/PN “Hugot ang amon surveillance saiya antes gin kasa angoperation,” Garcia told Panay News. According to Gabuan village captain AlfredoVillanueva, Clarito was arrested there since “it was the place agreed bythe suspect and the police asset who served as poseur buyer.” The 37-year-old resident Jeric Clarito ofBarangay Domolog yielded the suspected illegal drugs, police said. “Indihukmungan sang mga adik ang amon barangay, natabuan lang nga si Clarito ang ikaduha na nga drug suspect nga gin dakop sa amon diri paagi sa drugbust,” Villanueva told Panay News. The suspect was now detained in thelockup cell of the Roxas City police station, facing charges for violation ofRepublic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002./PN
INDIANAPOLIS – A former Lawrenceburg Police Officer and council member says he was fired for exposing wrongdoing by city officials.Doug Taylor filed a federal lawsuit in an Indianapolis court July 25 accusing Lawrenceburg Mayor Dennis Carr and other city officials of ghost employment, theft of public money and other misconduct, the Associated Press reported.Last year, the Indianapolis Star reported that several government officials supported grants for family and those with financial ties from the Hollywood Casino in Lawrenceburg. The funds are geared toward economic development in Southeastern Indiana.Taylor had been a police officer for 22 years before being fired last September.Attorneys did not confirm or deny if federal investigators are looking into the public corruption allegations in Lawrenceburg.
Versailles, In. — The Ripley County Health Department will hold walk-in immunization clinics in the month of March.March 12 & 29 the clinic will be open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and March 18 the clinic will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. The clinic is located at 102 W First Street in Versailles.
Deputies say they were hit with bottles, cups of alcohol, and bar stools after trying to stop a weekend block party involving thousands of people.The Volusia County Sheriff’s Office reported Monday that they were trying to make arrests at an outdoor party in DeLand with over 3,000 people.Volusia Sheriff’s Office deputies and DeLand PD say they encountered several issues including, a long gun pointing out of the passenger window of a passing vehicle, a loaded gun handed off from one convicted felon to another, agitated crowds of bystanders and bottles, jars and bar stools used against law enforcement as weapons or projectiles. One deputy sustained a minor knee injury and a DeLand PD officer had a minor head injury when he was hit with the jar.Some party-goers said they were targeted because the crowd was largely African American, but Sheriff Mike Chitwood said in a news release that the actions by deputies were aimed at keeping the public safe.Two men were arrested for possession of a weapon by a convicted felon.
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Los Angeles was formally chosen on Monday to host the 2028 Summer Olympics in a deal that virtually assures that the 2024 Summer Games will be held in the rival candidate city of Paris, Olympic officials announced.Both cities were competing for the 2024 Games after several other candidates withdrew from contention, and the stage was set for Paris to win its bid when the International Olympic Committee (IOC) confirmed that Los Angeles had agreed to the later date of 2028.“The IOC welcomes this decision of the Los Angeles Olympic and Paralympic Candidature Committee, and we are pleased to release the Host City contract 2028 in a transparent and timely manner,” said IOC President Thomas Bach in a statement.The IOC said it would make contributions to the Los Angeles organizing committee worth $1.8 billion (1.36 billion pounds).An official designation of Paris for the 2024 Games has yet to be announced. A representative for Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo said definitive word was expected to come when the IOC meets in September in Lima, Peru, after several more steps in the procedure had been finalised.Still, the IOC’s unprecedented move of awarding two Games at virtually the same time turned the spotlight on security challenges facing the French capital while giving Los Angeles ample time to upgrade its public transportation system.The deal was first reported on Monday by the Los Angeles Times, which cited an unnamed source.The co-chair for Paris’ Olympics bid, Tony Estanguet, said its organizing team had convinced the IOC “of the merits of awarding” the 2024 Games to Paris but stopped short of saying a final decision had been made.In a statement welcoming Los Angeles’ agreement on Monday to host the 2028 Olympics, the Paris 2024 committee called L.A.’s move “a key step in the process of awarding the Olympics.”‘Win-Win’Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti’s office said he and other backers of the city’s bid for the Olympic and Paralympic Games would make an announcement to the news media at 5 p.m. PDT (0000 GMT).But the decision was confirmed in nearly simultaneous statements issued hours earlier by the IOC in Zurich and the Los Angeles Olympic bid committee in Los Angeles.“It is a win-win for the two cities,” Canadian senior IOC member Dick Pound told Reuters by phone. “It’s good for the IOC because we’ve got two great cities lined up for the next two big shows.”The next Olympic Summer Games, in 2020, is already scheduled to be held in Tokyo.Hidalgo said talks on the Paris 2024 bid would continue throughout August.Using the #Paris2024 twitter handle in a series of Tweets, Hidalgo said: “Discussions will continue between our two cities and the IOC throughout August to reach a tripartite deal.”Los Angeles previously hosted the Summer Games in 1932 and 1984.Los Angeles, the United States’ second-largest city by population, had argued that it could host a low-cost Olympics given that it already has all the necessary infrastructure in place, while Paris would need to build several expensive new facilities.But Paris was seen as the front-runner for the 2024 Games because it was passed over in a series of earlier Olympic bids and because the French capital will have marked 100 years since the last time it hosted the Games.Paris has a world-class public transportation system.Los Angeles’ notorious traffic and the impact of President Donald Trump’s ban on travel to the United States from certain Muslim-majority nations had been seen as factors weighing against the latest bid by the U.S. West Coast city.The group NOlympics Los Angeles, which has opposed L.A.’s bid to host the Games at any time out of concern it would displace low-income residents, said on Facebook that it was not too late to stop the 2028 bid.“This ‘news’ has been an open secret for months, but it’s not a done deal. City Council still needs to vote to authorise the Mayor to sign the host city contract, so call your Council member now and tell them to vote HELL NO,” the organisation’s statement said.