Man Utd U18 coach Ryan: We’ll protect Greenwood from hypeby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United U18 coach Neil Ryan says they’re determined to protect Mason Greenwood from the hype around him.Greenwood, 17, hit a matchwinning hat-trick as United inflicted a first Youth Cup defeat on Chelsea since the 2013 final in an enthralling 4-3 victory at Leigh Sports Village on Monday night.”We’re a good club for making sure to fight all that hype down,” Ryan told the Manchester Evening News. “Because he’s still got a long way to go, let’s get it right.”He’s doing very, very well this year. He was on the bench in the week against Valencia, which was a great experience for him. We’ve got great staff looking after him on and off the pitch and ourselves, as coaching staff, it’s our jobs to make sure we get him to the next level. It’s going to be a challenge for him, but a great challenge.”He’s had a fantastic four or five months so far and we’ve got to keep working with him.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
About the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your say Mignolet reveals Liverpool blocked earlier Club Brugge moveby Ansser Sadiqa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet revealed that his path out of the club was blocked by the club in previous transfer windows.The goalkeeper finally got his wish for a move away from the club this summer.But he was denied that request in the 2018 summer transfer window and the 2019 January transfer window.The Belgium international is now at Club Brugge, and he believes they wanted him previously as well.Mignolet lost his place in the Liverpool starting line up to Loris Karius, then went down the pecking order after the signing of Alisson Becker last summer.He told Het Nieuwsblad – via Sport Witness: “That’s possible [Mboyo’s comments], although Bart Verhaeghe [Brugge president] called me last winter.”It was non-negotiable for Liverpool then.”However, with the return of so many Red Devils [Belgium national team players], I think that was set in motion by Kompany.”
On Saturday, September 29th, Black Eyed Peas’ Taboo will bring his high energy performance to Facebook headquarters in Menlo Park, CA to support music education at the inaugural Rock Their World Celebration, a fundraiser and celebration of national nonprofit Little Kids Rock’s decade of service, restoring and revitalizing music education for disadvantaged public schools nationwide.He’ll join “Red Rocker” Sammy Hagar, and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame musician and Adopt the Arts founder Matt Sorum (Guns N’ Roses, Velvet Revolver), as well as local Little Kids Rock students at this musical fundraiser.More information on this event and Taboo’s participation is available here.Taboo has been a vocal supporter of Little Kids Rock, a leading nonprofit provider of free musical instruments and music classes to underprivileged children. Started by a single Bay Area teacher in California in 2002, it has since grown to attract the support of over 1,200 public school teachers who have proactively banded together to provide free, Little Kids Rock music classes to children in their schools. Over 200,000 public school children in 24 cities in 12 states have since benefited from the program.Taboo first got involved with Little Kids Rock more than a year ago when he surprised students at their end-of-year concert by hopping onstage with them to perform the Black Eyed Peas hit, I Gotta Feelin’. “I am all about the youth,” Taboo said. “I am all about the next big thing. Our kids are the next big thing and I will do anything I can do to support them. That’s why I support Little Kids Rock.” The kids inspired him so much that he brought them to a recording studio to record an original song with him.“Our students are so fortunate to have the support of Taboo, who is an inspiring performer, but also an engaged and committed philanthropist,” says Little Kids Rock Founder and Executive Director, David Wish.
LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment The show will take place on October 3 at 5 p.m. at 1 Yonge Street, where a lineup of young designers will deliver a wide range of couture and ready-to-wear styles.Organized by Seneca professor and renowned designer Zoran Dobric, the emerging designers will have an opportunity to feature their original pieces in a runway show to an industry audience, launching their careers in the world of fashion. Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement TORONTO, Sept. 28, 2017 /CNW/ – Seneca’s School of Fashion will take over the runway as ten recent graduates showcase their collections at Toronto Women’s Fashion Week (TW). “Some of our designers are inspired by their cultural backgrounds, some by art, architecture and other unique personal interests. The influences are as diverse as the designers themselves,” says Dobric, who is also showing during TW. “This opportunity is so important to the talented young designers because it showcases their work to the national and international media and industry, as well as potential buyers. TW gives them a prestigious platform to promote their brands.”Seneca alumni participated in Toronto Fashion week in 2015 and the show was regarded as one of the highlights of the week according to The Globe and Mail. This year’s RED: Emerging Designers Showcase will present Seneca’s Canadian and internationally born alumni, helping to foster a global perspective at TW.Under the mentorship of Dobric, as well as other Canadian fashion veterans including Jennifer Dares, David Dixon and Philip Sparks, Seneca’s students benefit from learning from industry leaders.“Maintaining a strong relationship with our students beyond the classroom experience has always been important to Seneca’s School of Fashion,” says Gitte Hansen, Chair, Seneca’s School of Fashion. “Our design faculty, who are fashion professionals themselves, are able to impart to students the importance of presenting and promoting their work to industry while finding the best avenue to join the creative economy.”Students and alumni from Seneca’s School of Fashion have also showcased in other runway shows including the Télio National Design Competition in Montreal, Fashion Art Toronto, Vancouver Fashion Week and the Hempel competition for young designers in Beijing.Seneca alumni participating in this year’s showcase are: Kinoo Arcentales, Rhonique Ballantyne, Sepideh Ghahremani, Ivan Liang, Lulu Lin, Ruiyan Luo, So Young Park, Caron Rondilla, Siyu Xia and Alice Zhu.ABOUT SENECAWith campuses in Toronto, York Region and Peterborough, Seneca offers degrees, diplomas, certificates and graduate programs renowned for their quality and respected by employers. It is one of the largest comprehensive colleges in Canada, offering nearly 300 full-time, part-time and online programs. Combining the highest academic standards with work-integrated and applied learning, expert teaching faculty and the latest technology ensure Seneca graduates are career-ready.Find out more at senecacollege.caFollow us on TwitterAbout TW:Toronto Women’s Fashion Week (TW) is a modern, relevant high tech fashion week devoted solely to women’s wear. TW is home to Canada’s most iconic designers and the next generation of emerging talent. Toronto Women’s Fashion Week creates a national and international platform for Canadian designers including impactful runway presentations, showrooms, pop-up shops, emerging designer programs and industry panel discussions. TW is proudly made by and for Canadians to support Canadian talent and the Canadian fashion industry.Website: www.tw-fw.comInstagram: @tw_fwFacebook: /torontowomensfashionweekTwitter: @TW_FW#iloveTW #iamTW #torontowomensfashionweek #TWSS18#canadafashiongroup #LoveCanadianFashionAbout CFG:Canada Fashion Group (CFG) is committed to nurturing and promoting the Canadian fashion industry by providing a national and international platform for Canada fashion designers and brands to showcase their talent and innovation through impactful fashion initiatives such as TOM* Toronto Men’s Fashion Week and TW Toronto Women’s Fashion Week. Login/Register With: Twitter Facebook
VANCOUVER, B.C. – In a new report published by BC Hydro, four out of 10 B.C. couples argue over the temperature in the household.Findings from their report titled ‘Thermostat wars: How the battle over household temperatures is turning up the heat on relationships’ are that as common as it is for couples across the province to argue about temperature, five percent of couples describe their situation as an “all-out thermostat war.”BC Hydro found out with a survey they commissioned, that British Columbian couples will go to great lengths to get their way when it comes to the temperature of their home. Twice as many couples are motived by comfort than cost savings. The survey included that more than 60 percent of people admitted to adjusting the thermostat when their partner was not looking and 50 percent say they have waited for their partner to leave the home before adjusting the dial. There is also the 20 percent that admits to turning the temperature up or down just to annoy their partner.Also revealed in the survey was what temperature the thermostat is set at as being one of the most contentious household arguments, this being ahead of who is cooking dinner, what time the dreaded morning alarm is set for, and who forgot to turn off the lights when they left the house.However, many of these arguments are often based around misconceptions, for example;Cranking up the thermostat does not heat the home up faster than turning it up a degree or two at a time.It is not more energy-efficient to keep the thermostat at a constant temperature instead of adjusting it based on the time of day or what activity is going on in the home.Turning on a space heater is not always a more energy-efficient way to keep warm.BC Hydro is encouraging British Columbian couples with Valentine’s around the corner to call an end to the thermostat war. It recommends setting the thermostat at 21 degrees Celsius when relaxing or watching T.V., 18 degrees Celsius when cooking or doing housework, and 16 degrees Celsius when away from home or sleeping.Other tips to reduce heating costs and stay comfortable this winter include:Using a programmable or smart thermostat to automatically adjust the temperature of the home based on the time of day.Installing weatherstripping around doors and windows to seal up gaps and cracks that let cold air into the home and warm air out – and lead to higher heating costs.Using BC Hydro’s electricity tracking tools to see how adjusting the thermostat can impact a household’s electricity use and costs.
Houston: The Indian-American foster mother of Sherin Mathews has got her passport back, nearly a week after charges were dropped against her in connection with the tragic death of her 3-year-old daughter, whose body was discovered in a culvert in suburban Dallas in 2017. Sini Mathews was charged with child endangerment after she left her adoptive daughter Sherin alone at home while she and her husband Wesley Mathews went out for dinner with their 4-four-year old biological daughter on the night before the toddler was reported missing from their house in Richardson, Texas. Also Read – Imran Khan arrives in China, to meet Prez Xi JinpingSini had been jailed on a child abandonment charge, but the charge was dismissed after the district attorney said there was not enough evidence to move forward and released her from the Dallas County Jail. On Thursday, a Dallas judge ordered authorities to return Sini’s passport, WBAP, an AM News/Talk radio station in Dallas reported. Defence attorney Heath Harris said the judge had little choice but to return the passport which was taken when Sini was arrested. He said Sini had no plans to go anywhere, but can do so if she chooses so. Also Read – US blacklists 28 Chinese entities over abuses in Xinjiang”I am blessed,” Sini, a nurse, said after the charges against her were dropped and told the media that she was looking forward to meeting her biological daughter. “I want to thank the DA’s office for dismissing the case and I am looking forward to being reunited with my daughter,” Sini said. She had lost parental rights to her biological daughter who has been adopted by her relatives in Houston. Lawyers are now reviewing options to possibly return her to her mother, Sini, the WBAP report said. Sini’s husband Wesley is still in Dallas County Jail for capital murder linked to Sherin’s death. He will face trial in May this year and is presently being held on a USD 1.1 million bond. Sini and Wesley, who hail from Kerala, adopted Sherin from an orphanage in Bihar in July 2016. After Sherin disappeared, Wesley had first claimed that he had punished her by making her stand outside their home at 3 am for not drinking her milk. After Sherin’s body was found in a culvert a kilometre from their home in October, 2017, Wesley then changed his version to he had tried to feed her the milk and that she choked on it. Wesley was indicted for capital murder by a grand jury and for tampering with evidence. Wesley, if convicted, could face the death penalty or an automatic sentence of life without parole.
Darjeeling: The Directorate of Revenue intelligence (DRI) busted a major smuggling racket of gold from Myanmar through Moreh in Manipur. Six persons were arrested from near Siliguri and more than 24 kg of gold, valued close to Rs 8 crore was recovered from them.Acting on a tip-off DRI sleuths from the Siliguri regional unit intercepted a bus and arrested 6 persons. Twenty pieces each of 1kg gold bar along with 25 pieces of gold biscuits each weighing 166 gm was recovered from their possession. The seizure is valued at around Rs 7.99 crore. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaThe six arrested persons — Mohammad Numan, Mohammad Lukuman, hafiz Misbahuddin, Md. Zamil Ahmed. Md. Dawood Akhtar and MM Washim Khan —were travelling by bus from Manipur to Siliguri via Cooch Behar on Monday. The seized gold had been smuggled into India from Myanmar through Moreh in Manipur. The accused are residents of Manipur and are involved in gold smuggling. During the last financial year, DRI seized 464 kg of gold from Bengal and Sikkim area allegedly smuggled in Bangladesh, Myanmar, Nepal, Bhutan and China. The recovered gold is valued at Rs. 145.69 crore in the 46 cases registered claimed a DRI release.
Italian national forward Patrick Cutrone is still surprised how England defeated Italy at Under-21 level even after Italy created so many more chancesCutrone while speaking after the match, said:“I don’t think England are any better than us, as today both their goals were pretty much identical. We created so many more chances than them, but weren’t as clinical in our finishing,” he said via Football Italia.Crouch: Liverpool could beat Man United to Jadon Sancho Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Peter Crouch wouldn’t be surprised to see Jadon Sancho end up at Liverpool one day instead of his long-term pursuers Manchester United.Dominic Solanke netted two goals while Moise Kean equalised only one goal to give the Azzurrini 2-1 in the Nations League friendly played at Ferrara’s Stadio Mazza last Thursday.“Their goalkeeper made a great save at the end, as I tried to redirect Riccardo Orsolini’s shot, but couldn’t get it in. I thought it was a fine overall performance from the team.”“I am still having treatment on the ankle, but I am OK. Higuain is one of the best strikers in the world, we know what he can do. I’ll try to be ready and give my best.”
To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code: H-GAC Transportation Planning Director Alan Clark said those crashes cost the region a staggering amount of money.“Vehicle crashes are a leading cause of congestion and delays,” said Clark. “They take community resources like emergency management providers, emergency rooms at our hospitals.”The region has seen a lot of new residents but Clark said despite that growth, the increase in crashes is still extremely high.H-GAC’s new Regional Safety Plan cites drunk driving, distracted driving, and speeding as some of the major factors behind those collisions. There are also issues with aging road design. Clark explains the goal of the plan is to not only drill down on why those crashes are happening but to look for solutions to make streets safer.The public is invited to comment on the draft safety plan at a public meeting Wednesday night. It’s from 5:30 to 7:00 at H-GAC’s offices at 3555 Timmons.Clark said they’re also taking public comment online. Listen Gail DelaughterHouston Police stop traffic after a crash on rain-slick I-45 North.The Houston-Galveston Area Council said between 2012 and 2014, traffic crashes rose by 40 percent in the region. Fatalities were up by 20 percent. 00:00 /00:53 X Share
Share @FirefightersHOU has withdrawn from the scheduled debate on Proposition B after the Harris County Democratic Party failed to set ground rules that would have checked Mayor Sylvester Turner’s influence over the event. Please see attached news release. pic.twitter.com/FJKbynI4Gy— Houston Firefighters (@FirefightersHOU) October 3, 2018 Patrick M. ‘Marty’ Lancton, president of the Houston Professional Fire Fighters Association.The Houston Professional Fire Fighters Association (HPFFA) announced Wednesday afternoon it has agreed to participate in a debate with Mayor Sylvester Turner about pay parity between the local police and fire departments.On Wednesday morning, the HPFFA had announced that its president, Patrick M. ‘Marty’ Lancton, would not participate in the debate, which is scheduled for Saturday, due to disagreements with the Harris County Democratic Party (HCDP) which is organizing the event.The HPFFA said in a statement obtained by News 88.7 that “the Harris County Democratic Party failed to set ground rules that would have checked Mayor Sylvester Turner’s influence over the event.” The statement detailed that the Harris County Democratic Party “rejected a HPFFA request to directly address precinct chairs so they could vote on whether the county Democratic Party should support firefighters and Proposition B.”However, a statement sent around 4:30 p.m. announced that “after working through a variety of miscommunications” the HPFFA had agreed to take part in the debate about Proposition B.Lancton thanked the HCDP for “further clarifying the ground rules of the Prop B debate.” “Fairness of the debate and the inclusion of the precinct chairs in this process are priorities for us. The precinct chairs deserve to be as involved as possible in the debate,” the HPFFA president added.The debate will take place this Saturday, October 6, from 10 to 11 a.m. and will be live-streamed by the HCDP.