The Mountain Road to Carndonagh will remain closed all day because of vital roadworks.The road will be closed at the North Pole Bar from 8am until 8pm tonight to allow for bridge repair works.Pedestrian access will be allowed to the local Naomh Padraig, Drumfries National School. Diversions are in place and will work both ways on the R238 regional road by Buncrana, Drumfries, Clonmany, Ballyliffin and Carndonagh.Main Inishowen road closed for bridge repairs today was last modified: April 29th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
A second man accused of terrorism offences in Northern Ireland has had his bail varied to allow him to attend a family event in Donegal this weekend.Damien Duffy is facing terrorism charges arising from the discovery of explosives in Co Armagh in September 2016, and is accused of being part of a plot to target a former police officer.According to the Belfast Telegraph, the 49-year old, from Westclare Court in Dungannon, applied to have his bail varied to allow him an overnight stay in Donegal. The aim of the trip, Belfast Crown Court heard, was to attend a family event today in the wake of his nephew’s death.Seanna Duffy (19), the son of prominent republican Colin Duffy, died earlier this month following a car crash on the Saintfield Road in Lisburn.Niall Murphy, the solicitor for Damien Duffy, said Seanna’s death has had a “catastrophic effect” on the Duffy family, who wanted to get away for a few days and “be as a family unit”.Mr Murphy asked Judge RoseAnn McCormick to relax Duffy’s bail conditions for one night to allow him to stay overnight at a B&B and attend a family meal today. A prosecuting barrister said a co-accused of Duffy’s, Shea Reynolds – who has two children with Colin Duffy’s daughter – had his bail conditions relaxed earlier this week to allow him to travel to Donegal and stay in a caravan with his partner and her family.Telling Judge McCormick that as part of bail conditions Damien Duffy and Shea Reynolds were banned from having contact with each other, the prosecutor expressed concerns that due to the “family background”, the two men would associate with each other.Duffy replied: “We have that agreement in place, that we know the situation regarding the two of us. We have it planned that we will have as minimal contact as possible.”The judge then said that after being given a “personal assurance” from Duffy that he would leave the event if Reynolds was present, she was prepared to relax bail to allow him to stay overnight in Donegal.Second terror accused has bail altered for family event in Donegal was last modified: July 27th, 2019 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Bargain hunters rushed in their hundreds to Watson Hire in Letterkenny this morning for their massive ‘Fiver Friday’ sale.The sale, which sees a huge amount of stock reduced to only €5, attracted queues from as early as 6am before the 8am opening time.Fiver Friday queues at Watson Hire, Lisnennan LetterkennyAnd the crowd wasn’t disappointed, as they picked up super deals, or ‘stocking fillers’ for some, for a fraction of their regular price. The Fiver Friday sale continues all day today, so if you’re looking for DIY and homeware essentials, it’s well worth calling to Watson Hire at Lisnenan Letterkenny.John Watson – Fiver FridayWatson Hire Fiver FridayQueue starts as early as 6am for Watson Hire’s €5 sale was last modified: December 20th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Leo Makgamathe, Brand South Africa’s Programme Manager: Civil Society, and Archbishop Dr Thabo Makgoba, Anglican Archbishop of Cape Town, at the National Church Leader’s Consultation conferenceAt the recent National Church Leaders’ Consultation Programme, Brand South Africa’s Leo Makgamathe presented the organisation’s goals, highlighting church leaders’ roles in building a better country.Leo Makgamathe, Brand South Africa’s Programme Manager: Civil Society, recently addressed a group of South Africa’s religious leaders on the importance of active citizenship and creative collaboration.Makgamathe had been invited to present at the recent National Church Leaders’ Consultation Programme, put together by The National Religious Association for Social Development (NRASD). The programme was held on 15–16 October at the Southern Sun Hotel at O.R. Tambo International Airport.The religious leaders spent two days tackling issues facing South Africa; these included religion and public health; religion and education; economic and welfare policy; and gender violence and human rights.On day one of the programme, speakers included Dr Thabo Makgoba – Archbishop of Cape Town – Bishop Ziphozihle Siwa, Bishop Malusi Mpumlwana and Brand South Africa’s Leo Makgamathe.Makgamathe introduced his presentation by saying there were definite synergies between the various aspects of the National Church Leaders’ Consultation Programme and Brand South Africa’s aims.He pointed out that Brand South Africa sees engagement across all levels of leadership and society as key to its success and that, in essence, each and every South African is an ambassador for the country.He further explained Brand South Africa’s role in marketing the country and managing its brand reputation. He pointed out that building pride among South Africans is key and highlighted the importance of encouraging all citizens to be proactive in tackling, among others, poverty, job creation and economic development.The presentation also touched on the South African Competitiveness Forum, with Makgamathe saying: “Brand South Africa will be able to mobilise government, business and civil society to track a new trajectory for the country.”He also talked about the Play Your Part programme, a nationwide Brand South Africa campaign to inspire, empower and celebrate active citizenship “for the desired outcome of creating positive social change”.Makgamathe said that he sincerely believes that faith-based organisations have a role to play in changing the country’s narrative, to make the National Planning Commission’s Vision 2030 a reality.“People must be active citizens who have creative and noble ideas within their sphere of influence, and who are able to take action on these ideas.”He believes the church can play a leading role in dealing with the country’s challenges and says it is essential that “we get our story out there more positively”.“Faith leaders have a critical role in entrenching positive norms and values in society which are important in realising the NDP (National Development Plan). Entrenching these values is in line with the nation-building project.”He says Brand South Africa and the church leaders have much in common in terms of a vision of a brighter future for all South Africans.“Both faith leaders and Brand South Africa believe that active citizenship has a key role to play in nation-building and contributing to the realisation of the National Development Plan.”Makgamathe says he received much positive feedback at the dinner held after the formal presentations, with “the leaders keen to explore a partnership on promoting active citizenship amongst people living in South Africa”.He hopes that the Brand South Africa presentation will have positive long-term effects.“It’s part of the process of creating awareness of Brand South Africa among key stakeholders and engaging them in driving a social compact that will support the realisation of the NDP.”The following day included a discussion on the way forward and included a report from Archbishop Makgoba followed by a presentation on the National Development Plan for 2030 from Pascal Paul Moloi, a member of the National Planning Commission.
This post was uploaded by Rachel Brauner of the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service-Wounded Warrior Program and is part of a series of Military Family Caregiving posts published on the Military Families Learning Network blog.
Get the Free eBook! Learn how to sell without a sales manager. Download my free eBook! You need to make sales. You need help now. We’ve got you covered. This eBook will help you Seize Your Sales Destiny, with or without a manager. Download Now The Disruptive Age doesn’t care about you or your problems.The social, economic, political, cultural, and scientific factors impacting your business don’t care about your business model. They don’t care about your pricing model either. All of the events taking place in the world don’t care whether or not you are interested in them. They are going forward, with or without you, and regardless of the impact they have on your business or life.You don’t want an economic downturn because you have made commitments to the board, to your management, and to your investors? So what. The economy tanks anyway. Then it takes off whether you are ready to capitalize on it or not.You can’t afford a tight labor market and the fact that you are going to have to pay more for the talent you need. So what. The price you pay for A-players goes up whether you like it or not.You don’t think it’s fair that your competitors have found a way to use the new marketing tools to capture mindshare, that they are engaging the young market on places like Instagram? You don’t like it, and you think its tacky? Tweet your problem to @cluelessandfallingfurtherbehind since you don’t have a Snapchat or Instagram account.You don’t like creeping socialism and the massive increase of regulations? You don’t think we’re building a large enough social safety net and you believe you are being hurt by Corporatism? I hope your political leanings Left, Right, or Middle keep you warm at night. The Disruptive Age doesn’t care. It’s motoring.You’re worried that driverless cars and robots mean the end of manual labor and the final nail in the coffin of the Industrial Age? Yeah, me too.Time marches on relentlessly. We progress, never straight forward or straight upward, and often with as many backwards steps as forward steps. We’re moving forward now, and in a few years you are going to look back and recognize the breakneck speed of change–and the massive disruption.Darwin never said the strongest of the species survives. He said the “most adaptable” to change survives. And the fastest to adapt not only survive, they thrive. Get moving.
DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew ‘Rebel attack’ no cause for concern-PNP, AFP Ethel Booba twits Mocha over 2 toilets in one cubicle at SEA Games venue MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Still the main creative player for his club, Ceres-Negros, Schrock will link up with former club teammate Patrick Reichelt, who has been in fantastic form with eight goals so far for Melaka United in the first division in Malaysia.Schrock had hinted of retirement after scoring against Kyrgyzstan in a 3-1 loss during the group stage of the Asian Cup in the United Arab Emirates. But the midfield dynamo has decided to continue playing for the Azkals as he takes on the leadership mantle of the squad that won’t have longtime players Phil and James Younghusband. The Younghusband brothers have been without a club since last December and were not selected by Cooper.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logistics US defense chief agrees it’s time to take another look at defense pact with PH PLAY LIST 01:46US defense chief agrees it’s time to take another look at defense pact with PH00:50Trending Articles02:27Another ‘ninja cop’ dismissed from service02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss LATEST STORIES Two-day strike in Bicol fails to cripple transport Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting ‘Healing’ POC meet set June 13 Asian Cup goal scorer Stephan Schrock has put on hold his plans to retire from international football as he joins the Philippine squad in its China training camp that includes a friendly against the Chinese national team on Friday in Guangzhou.Schrock, who skipped the training camp in Bangkok in March, was among the key returnees from the Asian Cup squad in January as coach Scott Cooper aims to put together the strongest lineup for the World Cup Qualifiers starting September.ADVERTISEMENT Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Duterte wants probe of SEA Games mess Catholic schools seek legislated pay hike, too View comments
Advertisement Twitter Advertisement LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment A scene from Wintersleep’s video for the song Amerika, one of about 9,000 projects to get MuchFact funding since 1984. Bell Media has confirmed it has ended the program. (Peter Hadfield/Scott Cudmore) Login/Register With: Bell Media has officially killed MuchFact, a small but influential program that was crucial to funding music videos in Canada.The program had been on life-support since May — when the CRTC dropped the requirement for Bell Media to fund it — but the company confirmed it was ended it for good last month. Both MuchFact’s website and Facebook page have disappeared since.MuchFact handed out more than $100 million for around 9,000 projects since it was founded in 1984. In recent years, the program shelled out about $2 million a year, funding videos by Arcade Fire, Carly Rae Jepsen and emerging acts like Halifax psych rock band Walrus and Mississauga, Ont., rapper John River. Advertisement Facebook “The traditional viewing of a music video is … certainly not what it was,” said Randy Lennox, president of Bell Media and former head of Universal Music Canada. He said the funding model was started when music videos were being played on TV stations like Much, something that happens far less now.BravoFact, a similar Bell Media program that funded short-form scripted projects has also been stopped.“We don’t owe anyone an explanation for this after giving $131 million,” he said, the combined total of the contributions to MuchFact and BravoFact. “I think after making hundreds, thousands of music videos and paying for them … I think we’re pretty good guys.”‘There isn’t another option’But that leaves a gap in how Canadian music videos are funded. There are other places to get money, like record labels and the Foundation Assisting Canadian Talent on Recordings (Factor). But MuchFact was king.Lennox suggested online video streaming services should be the ones to pay, given that’s where most videos are now watched.READ MORE
#VistaFire [update] Evacuation warnings are in effect for the streets of Trafalgar Rd., Calle De Nicole, and Vista De La Montana in the community of Dehesa. pic.twitter.com/Hh2LkbHuTY— CAL FIRE/SAN DIEGO COUNTY FIRE (@CALFIRESANDIEGO) July 18, 2019 Posted: July 17, 2019 KUSI Newsroom KUSI Newsroom, San Diego (KUSI) – An 8 acre vegetation fire near El Cajon off Vista De La Montana in the Dehesa area is spreading at a moderate rate. According to Cal Fire/ San Diego County fire there is report of structures threatened.Evacuation warnings are in effect for the streets of Trafalgar Rd., Calle De Nicole, and Vista De La Montana in the community of Dehesa, according to Cal Fire. July 17, 2019 Structures threatened in growing El Cajon fire #VistaFire [update] The fire is 2 acres with a moderate rate of spread. There is a report of structures threatened. pic.twitter.com/CegjMvtxeM— CAL FIRE/SAN DIEGO COUNTY FIRE (@CALFIRESANDIEGO) July 17, 2019 Updated: 5:13 PM Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter
KUSI Newsroom, Posted: August 16, 2019 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter Midtown gas leak causes evacuations SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – A contractor digging at a construction site today ruptured a gas line in the Midtown area, prompting the evacuation of several homes nearby, authorities said.The rupture of the 1/2-inch diameter gas line was reported shortly before 9:15 a.m. at a home in the 3500 block of Union Street, between Vine Street and West Upas Street, San Diego Gas & Electric spokeswoman ZorayaGriffin said.Several houses immediately next to the break were evacuated, San Diego Fire-Rescue spokeswoman Monica Munoz said.No injuries were immediately reported. As of this morning, SDG&E crews were at the scene working to secure the line, Griffin said. It was not immediately clear if any roads were closed in the area. KUSI Newsroom August 16, 2019